Explore Vienna from the Hotel Himberg
The Hotel Himberg is the perfect accommodation near Vienna for sightseeing and fun in the Austrian capital. “Vienna Calling” is not just a song by Austria’s charismatic pop star Falco, but also a great motto when you stay with us at Hotel Himberg near Vienna. The city’s sights and attractions are just a hop, skip and a jump away: reach the Vienna city centre in just 20 minutes by S-Bahn train.
Want to know what makes Vienna so special?
Vienna is unique, charming, loveable and always worth a visit. For cultural events, special exhibitions, incredible food, or some interesting spots: we’re happy to tell you what’s going on. But be warned: in Vienna, you should also always be prepared for our special “Schmäh” sense of humour and not take anything too personally. We Viennese love that.
Combine your stay at Hotel Himberg with a trip to Vienna and discover all of its incredible, historic sights!
Hotel Himberg and Vienna: let’s go!
We at Hotel Himberg, your accommodation near Vienna, love making your dreams a reality and are happy to help you plan an unforgettable day in Austria’s incredible capital. Ask reception for a city map and some insider tips.
From just € 17, the Vienna City Card gives you great discounts at Vienna’s attractions and free rides with public transport. The Vienna City Card is available for 24, 48 or 72 hours.
Looking for some ideas for your trip to Vienna?
- Vienna has plenty to explore: 27 palaces and 150 palais, incredible art and architecture from gothic St Stephen’s Cathedral or colourful Hundertwasserhaus through to modern styles – the list of things to do in Vienna is long and incredibly varied.
- Vienna more than lives up to its moniker of cultural capital with more than 100 museums, well-known opera houses, theatres and venues – culture lovers certainly get their money’s worth in Vienna!
- Klimt, Strauss, Freud, Schubert, Mozart – they have all left traces in Vienna. See some of these on a sightseeing tour.
- Be sure to visit the Museumsquartier, the Hofburg Imperial Palace and the Secession, perhaps the most beautiful art nouveau building in the world!
- Stroll through what UNESCO considers one of the most worth-visiting cities in the world. It has named Vienna a World Heritage Site.
- The Naschmarkt, Vienna’s multi-cultural fruit and vegetable market, is among the city’s culinary must-sees.
- Explore Vienna by Fiaker, the city’s famous horse drawn carriages! Fiaker stands: Stephansplatz, Heldenplatz, Albertinaplatz, Petersplatz and Burgtheater.
- Feel like you’re at the beach at the City Beaches on the Danube Canal.
- Schönbrunn Zoo will be a highlight of any family holiday in Vienna, and you can walk in the emperor’s footsteps at Schönbrunn Palace.
- What what would a trip to Vienna be without a ride on the Prater’s famous Ferris wheel?